Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Set up Knoppix on peer to peer network with Windows XP

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2

    Set up Knoppix on peer to peer network with Windows XP

    I have a peer to peer network currently running Windows 98 and Windows XP. I have my internet connection (DSL) on the XP machine. I have replaced the Windows 98 with one of the latest versions on Knoppix. I would like the Knoppix machine to run a network printer and access the internet for kids to download music etc. My problem is networking the two. I can't see the Knoppix machine from the XP machine nor can I see the XP machine from the knoppix machine. When I try using the network wizard on Knoppix I get a message saying something about SA not running....

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2
    Sorry that error was "SU returned with an error".

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix windows Network
    By pedro47 in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 09:49 PM
  2. Transfer .cmg files to peer
    By lilsirecho in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:23 PM
  3. Windows and knoppix network
    By ssnow in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 10:26 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.3 on a Windows network
    By fermier in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 01:23 PM
  5. "Connection Reset by Peer" or "hang"
    By oreo in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99