This will probably only help with an installed-to-disk Knoppix:
# apt-get install vsftpd
Comes with very good documentation, and apt takes care of proper user id and home
directory.
I want to be able to setup a FTP directory for internal use that is not in a the knoppix home directory. Can someone tell me where are the files that are read to start up this server so that I can set up the right dierectory structure?
This will probably only help with an installed-to-disk Knoppix:
# apt-get install vsftpd
Comes with very good documentation, and apt takes care of proper user id and home
directory.
Is there no hope of changing the behavior of the default ftp server that comes with knoppix 3.3. I don't have it installed on my hard drive but I have copied the disk to my hard drive and that it where I boot from.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00