I just got a new PC and I'm tring to get linux work on it.
I thought knoppix could be a good start but I can't let it run.
My PC is an HP desktop:
HP- t3650.it Pavilion
Desktop Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 2 x 1,86 Ghz,
RAM 1024 Mb, HD 320 Gb,
scheda video nVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE TurboCache con tecnologia PureVideo (porta VGA, uscita TV, porta VGA/DVI) 512 MB di memoria, scheda tuner TV, analogica e digitale terrestre (DVB-T), ...
I have a LCD monitor so I boot knoppix in this way:
knoppix lang=it vsync=60 hsync=30
Then it starts and it seems to me that it recognise every thing, and for the graphic card it finds a :
nVidia Corporation unknown device 01dd
but i fails starting the X-server
teh errors I get are:
Probing/Loading AGP modules ...
Starting the X Window System
Retrying with Server Xorg(vesa) .
Retrying with Server Xorg(fbdev) .
Unloading unneeded AGP modules ...
Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card.
and that's all.
Is there any option that I can use to solve this problem?
or any different version that doesn't have it???
I guess is the gaphic card that is not supported from this knoppix's release, isn't it?
But if this is the problem, why doen't run with the vesa verion? (I think that is the most basic one, like VGA mode, isn't it??)
I'll appreciate any help on getting run linux on my machine.
Thank you in advance !!!!
ciao
Licia.

*LOT OF 6* SK Hynix 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400T HMAA8GL7AMR4N-UH Memory RAM
$1380.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$459.00
128 GB MICRON (4x32gb) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y DDR4 SERVER MEMORY MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2
$750.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
RAM Memory Lot 8GB 16GB DDR4 Mixed Speeds Tested & Working
$1470.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot of 8 PIECES: Kingston 32GB DDR4-3200MHz KVR32N22D8/32 Desktop Memory Ram
$1299.00
P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00
2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35