Yes, this is a minirt issue. Open it up and you'll see that the aufs module needs to be loaded, not the unionfs module.
What am I doing wrong because I can boot my remastered Knoppix 5.1.1 CD using Qemu, but booting from CD stops 'Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hdc...' and giving 'Segmentation fault' message, and then continues booting from my installed system, or giving only minimal root environment and not booting?
It this a minirt.gz problem because only original minirt.gz works and my own version gives 'Kernel panic...' message? Just copying new modules to minirt from kernel tree makes this - no other changed. Weird?
EDITED 24.2. I have been using initramfs instead of initfs. Just forgot to copy init to the rootBut still old problem exists with initramfs: Starting udev hardware hotplug detection failes. Anyhow, this aufs stuff has nothing to do with minirt.gz as far as I can see.
I have built aufs module against my running kernel both in normal user's home directory and in / directory as a root. No building problems and both boots from Qemu but not from CD.
This is how I built aufst:
Then I just copid aufs.ko to /modules /where cloop.ko is copied, too (from /lib/modules/kernel_version/extra directory). Now I use 2.6.21-rc1 kernel but no success with it (same with previous kernel versions). Is 2.6.20 kernel or newer ones too new? Or what is wrong?Code:$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/aufs co -P aufs $ cd ~/aufs/ $ make -f local.mk
Can anyone show me, how to make a .deb package for aufs from CVS tree?
Is there any apt repository existing for aufs source?
-tapsa-.
Yes, this is a minirt issue. Open it up and you'll see that the aufs module needs to be loaded, not the unionfs module.
Hi again,
For ParallelKnoppix, I build aufs.ko within the chroot enviroment, and you need to tell it where your live CD kernel lives. The aufs README explains cross-compiling like this:
so what I do is (inside the chroot)Currently these configurations are written in ./local.mk, ./local.mk will work
for you in most cases.
$ make -f local.mk
The local.mk searches your kernel build path by
KDIR = /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build
If you are cross-compiling the aufs module, try
$ make KDIR=/your/kernel/build/path -f local.mkThen you also need to fix the minirt. I don't understand why you got something that works in QEMU but not with CD boot.Code:make KDIR=/usr/src/linux -f local.mk

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$482.02
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99
1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00
$150.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99
Apple Mac Pro A1186-Xeon E5462-20GB DDR3 Ram 500GB HDD+1TB HDD+2TB HDD MacOS Yes
$274.99
SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99