Hello everyone,
I have a big problem, and hope someone can help me. My notebook hard drive died few days ago, its 5 years old toshiba notebook. I was so happy to know there is linux like KNOPIX which, bootable from cd, so I can still use my old notebook without spending 100$ or euros for new hdd.
But, when I boot with cd, and type root and toor for login, after a minut or so, everything stops, and there is no instalation, no booting any more. There is only black screen and no sound of cd, nothing. Sounds like some problem with hardware or so? I tried on my desktop, it was working very well, but on the notebook no. 256mb ram, 1066mhz intel, usb mouse, should i use usb keyboard?
What is a problem? Can anyone help me?
Thanks!!!

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00