-
Knoppix on OS-X Tiger
Hello,
I was just wondering, since any other Linux flavors are a pain to install on the Intel-based mac mini, if Knoppix will work. I have seen an option of booting from an external device on the System Preferences menu, but I thought I'd just throw it out before I invested too much thought or time into something that won't work. I was also wondering if with the Intel mac if booting from a cd or a flash drive was better, or if I should just get a different box and put a different flavor on it.
Let me know if it'll work, or please give me another alternative.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
If you think other versions of Linux are a pain to install, you'll really really hate install Knoppix. It doesn't take much searching to find may posts of complaints that things worked fine from the Live CD but stopped working after Knoppix was installed.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By ridebmx in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-15-2005, 03:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96