-
Knoppix on OS-X Tiger
Hello,
I was just wondering, since any other Linux flavors are a pain to install on the Intel-based mac mini, if Knoppix will work. I have seen an option of booting from an external device on the System Preferences menu, but I thought I'd just throw it out before I invested too much thought or time into something that won't work. I was also wondering if with the Intel mac if booting from a cd or a flash drive was better, or if I should just get a different box and put a different flavor on it.
Let me know if it'll work, or please give me another alternative.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
If you think other versions of Linux are a pain to install, you'll really really hate install Knoppix. It doesn't take much searching to find may posts of complaints that things worked fine from the Live CD but stopped working after Knoppix was installed.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By ridebmx in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-15-2005, 03:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4208 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$565.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4110 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$550.00