Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem booting a remastered 5.1

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2

    Problem booting a remastered 5.1

    Hi,
    I am trying to create a remastered version of Knoppix 5.1.
    I followed the Howto, without making any changes to the file system except creating an empty file at the root, just to know my change worked.
    when I am booting my iso image (vmware) I get some IO errors and theb kernel panic.
    any idea what could be wrong?

    screenshot:

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Problem booting a remastered 5.1

    I solved it.
    the problem was either the fact that the file system I used for the files was ReiserFS, or that I I didn't have enough free memory.
    after switching to EXT3 and giving the virtual machine that created the ISO 1.5gb of ram, the problem was solved.

Similar Threads

  1. Remastered is not booting
    By hipolito in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 05:47 PM
  2. Remastered CD is not booting
    By raj1478 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2005, 06:50 AM
  3. Booting a remastered environment without compression
    By metzelplik in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 09:58 PM
  4. Help me.. Error booting remastered cd (3.3)..
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 03:59 AM
  5. booting remastered knoppix from HD
    By mehlng in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.66