-
How to boot Knoppix from existing HD image rather than CD?
Hi all!
First of all, I am brand-new to Linux, so please be patient with my stupid questions.
Some time ago I installed Knoppix (in Debian mode) on my old DELL Inspirion 7000 laptop. Now I'm trying to replace the old install with a newer version of Knoppix in Knoppix mode. I have created a disk image that I'd like to use automatically at boot time. However, it seems that I cannot boot into the newer HD image without the Knoppix CD in the CD-ROM drive! With the CD in the drive I am prompted to choose to boot up using the HD image or the one on the CD. Without the CD, however, the laptop boots directly into the old Knoppix/Debian install.
What am I doing wrong? How do I replace the original install with the new one?
Please spell out what to do step by step because I am still figuring out my way around Linux and am still weak in terminology. Thanks to everybody in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By leoneill in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 10:48 AM
-
By funkymonk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:44 PM
-
By lindseyp in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 08:28 AM
-
By tautges in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:22 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC
$89.66

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS
$35.00

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop
$299.00

VINTAGE THINKPAD X61 TABLET 3GB RAM 240GB SSD OEM WINXP W/GOOD BATT CHARGER
$329.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite A Series
$250.00

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00