-
Senior Member
registered user
How to build aufs for remastered Knoppix 5.1.1's kernel?
What am I doing wrong because I can boot my remastered Knoppix 5.1.1 CD using Qemu, but booting from CD stops 'Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hdc...' and giving 'Segmentation fault' message, and then continues booting from my installed system, or giving only minimal root environment and not booting?
It this a minirt.gz problem because only original minirt.gz works and my own version gives 'Kernel panic...' message? Just copying new modules to minirt from kernel tree makes this - no other changed. Weird?
EDITED 24.2. I have been using initramfs instead of initfs. Just forgot to copy init to the root
But still old problem exists with initramfs: Starting udev hardware hotplug detection failes. Anyhow, this aufs stuff has nothing to do with minirt.gz as far as I can see.
I have built aufs module against my running kernel both in normal user's home directory and in / directory as a root. No building problems and both boots from Qemu but not from CD.
This is how I built aufst:
Code:
$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/aufs co -P aufs
$ cd ~/aufs/
$ make -f local.mk
Then I just copid aufs.ko to /modules /where cloop.ko is copied, too (from /lib/modules/kernel_version/extra directory). Now I use 2.6.21-rc1 kernel but no success with it (same with previous kernel versions). Is 2.6.20 kernel or newer ones too new? Or what is wrong?
Can anyone show me, how to make a .deb package for aufs from CVS tree?
Is there any apt repository existing for aufs source?
-tapsa-.
Similar Threads
-
By rbos in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-05-2007, 07:34 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2006, 04:32 AM
-
By artturi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2006, 08:17 PM
-
By kevman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-30-2005, 07:40 AM
-
By TheCyberDude in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00