I just got a new PC and I'm tring to get linux work on it.
I thought knoppix could be a good start but I can't let it run.
My PC is an HP desktop:
HP- t3650.it Pavilion
Desktop Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 2 x 1,86 Ghz,
RAM 1024 Mb, HD 320 Gb,
scheda video nVIDIA GeForce 7500 LE TurboCache con tecnologia PureVideo (porta VGA, uscita TV, porta VGA/DVI) 512 MB di memoria, scheda tuner TV, analogica e digitale terrestre (DVB-T), ...
I have a LCD monitor so I boot knoppix in this way:
knoppix lang=it vsync=60 hsync=30
Then it starts and it seems to me that it recognise every thing, and for the graphic card it finds a :
nVidia Corporation unknown device 01dd
but i fails starting the X-server
teh errors I get are:
Probing/Loading AGP modules ...
Starting the X Window System
Retrying with Server Xorg(vesa) .
Retrying with Server Xorg(fbdev) .
Unloading unneeded AGP modules ...
Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card.
and that's all.
Is there any option that I can use to solve this problem?
or any different version that doesn't have it???
I guess is the gaphic card that is not supported from this knoppix's release, isn't it?
But if this is the problem, why doen't run with the vesa verion? (I think that is the most basic one, like VGA mode, isn't it??)
I'll appreciate any help on getting run linux on my machine.
Thank you in advance !!!!
ciao
Licia.

Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air
$8.99
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$20.59
OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$499.99
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$18.00
Genuine OEM Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter A1344 ~ FREE S/H
$12.99
2 x Genuine OEM Apple A1555 Duckhead US Prong Plug MagSafe Adapter 45W 60W 85W
$7.99
Apple 96W USB-C Power Adapter - White - Genuine OEM - NEW SEALED - MacBook Pro
$44.99
apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter
$9.99