-
root terminal has german menu commands in english ver 5.1
Following directions for setting up wpa for my Dell D600 IntelPRO 2200GB wi-fi wireless is problematic since the all instructions I've seen so far tell me to open a root terminal, but when I do that, all commands are in German, which I don't know how to read or speak.
Using kwlan I can get it started and can see other wireless routers in the area, including mine, but there seems to be no way to connect to it. The only instructions I've seen so far say to use a root terminal for configuration and the select connect, but those menus are all in Geman.
Anybody know how to open a root terminal in English? Or how to make kwlan connect?
Newbie to Knoppix and love the interface, just can't get wireless or connected to the Intenet.
Thanks.
Jerry
-
Senior Member
registered user
Are you running from the Knoppix live CD/DVD ?
If so, try the boot cheatcode thus:
boot: knoppix lang=us (edited 10:19hrs GMT)
for US English and, I think, Australian keyboard
or lang=uk for British Keyboard.
Or, if you are running an HD-installed system, edit lang=<whatever> in
/boot/grub/menu.lst
for the desired language and keyboard.
You might also want to set the root locale for KDE as described here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26219
Sorry I can't advise on the wlan part as I don't have it.
Similar Threads
-
By jacksonon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-09-2006, 04:09 AM
-
By sonicdragon14 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 04:16 PM
-
By Jack_ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 09:30 AM
-
By chronictoker420 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:20 PM
-
By Chris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2003, 01:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-TouchMax VoIP Phone 7" Touchscreen - Black *New in Box*
$130.00

Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone Speakerphone - Black *New in Box*
$75.00

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$600.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99