-
root terminal has german menu commands in english ver 5.1
Following directions for setting up wpa for my Dell D600 IntelPRO 2200GB wi-fi wireless is problematic since the all instructions I've seen so far tell me to open a root terminal, but when I do that, all commands are in German, which I don't know how to read or speak.
Using kwlan I can get it started and can see other wireless routers in the area, including mine, but there seems to be no way to connect to it. The only instructions I've seen so far say to use a root terminal for configuration and the select connect, but those menus are all in Geman.
Anybody know how to open a root terminal in English? Or how to make kwlan connect?
Newbie to Knoppix and love the interface, just can't get wireless or connected to the Intenet.
Thanks.
Jerry
-
Senior Member
registered user
Are you running from the Knoppix live CD/DVD ?
If so, try the boot cheatcode thus:
boot: knoppix lang=us (edited 10:19hrs GMT)
for US English and, I think, Australian keyboard
or lang=uk for British Keyboard.
Or, if you are running an HD-installed system, edit lang=<whatever> in
/boot/grub/menu.lst
for the desired language and keyboard.
You might also want to set the root locale for KDE as described here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26219
Sorry I can't advise on the wlan part as I don't have it.
Similar Threads
-
By jacksonon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-09-2006, 04:09 AM
-
By sonicdragon14 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 04:16 PM
-
By Jack_ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 09:30 AM
-
By chronictoker420 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 11:20 PM
-
By Chris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2003, 01:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard Cable 5 Pin DIN SDL Coiled Cord Parts Repair
$39.99

Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW
$1000.00

Vintage AT&T 6312 WGS COMPUTER 386 POWERS ON & Complete
$249.95

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$349.00

Original Apple Mouse IIc Box Only Vintage 1985
$40.00

Vintage Tandy 1000 "Personal Computer"Keyboard
$75.00

Vintage Gateway 2000 4DX2-66V Intel 486 DX2 66MHz Desktop retro PC Computer Work
$299.99

Vintage 1980’s Apple Macintosh Laptop Carrying Case, Rainbow Logo, NEW
$129.95

Zilog Z8000 CPU Programmer's Reference Guide April 1981 Vintage Tech Manual Rare
$48.66

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99