-
TrackPoint on knoppix 5.1.1 not working
I have a ThinkPad I Series model 1161-93U. The trackpoint works under other live CD's including Knoppix 3.9, DSL 3.1 and of WinXP.
It does not work at all under Knoppix 5.1.1.
I did some googling, and found several hits, each one editing xorg.conf to get the TrackPoint to work. I tried several different things without success.
I must admit I do not understand if I'm taking the correct approach or not. Here is a sample of what I changed the xorg.conf file for the mouse.
Code:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
Option "YAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "XAxisMapping" "6 7"
Option "Emulate3Buttons"
Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
Option "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
Option "EmulateWheel" "true"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse2"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse1"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "layout1"
InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Mouse2" "AlwaysCore"
Screen "screen1"
EndSection
I changed the Server area, and the mouse area. When I did an init 5 the xserver would not restart.
At this point I would like to know if I'm taking the correct approach. Am I editing the correct file?
Where can I find information on getting a track point working?
If the track point won't work, is it possible to get a regular two button mouse to work? I did try pluging in a known working 2 button mouse in the PS/2 port ( in works on other systems ) but that doesn't budge the pointer either.
Similar Threads
-
By PanMan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 09:25 PM
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:36 PM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 11:36 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99