-
[b]How Do I Run Knoppix Within Windows XP???[/b]
I am a fairly intermediate user of WIN XP and I am just now learning how to use Linux.
My question is this:
How can I customize my copy of Knoppix so that it boots/runs from my USB stick from within WIN XP (the Knoppix Kdesktop in a new window) and also boot the computer from the USB stick using Knoppix???
I don't want to install anything onto the host computer. I would prefer that the software/code I would need to execute this task reside on my USB stick. I have surfed the 'Net for various programs that allow me to use knoppix from within WIN XP (VirtualBox, Vmware Player, etc) but almost all of them require an install onto the host computer, which sucks because I want to take all of my stuff with me and not make edits to the host computer.
What would be the steps and software to accomplish this?
Similar Threads
-
By zenmaster60 in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-23-2009, 03:04 AM
-
By morbidpalooza in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-11-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By elbarto in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 05:32 PM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By Hunkah in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99