-

Originally Posted by
jae4my
The script will copy the whole knoppix cd to your usb thumb drive. You can then use this usb thumb drive to boot your machine, provided your machine supports booting from usb devices. I have tried it and it's cool and a lot faster than running knoppix from cd or dvd.
What size thumbdrive would I need? I only have a 1 GB thumbdrive and I would like to add a few things to it to make it VERY user-friendly.
I know that there are ALOT of factors that play a role in figuring out both the decompressed/compressed size of these knoppix ISOs such as the quantity of packages (their file sizes play a role too), the quality and the level compression the filesystem uses.
I know this may sound like a far-fetched question but I am a bit of a perfectionist: Is there a mathematical formula for calculating the compressed/decompressed states for these iso's? Are there any caculators which you know of that you could point me to?
As I am remastering my Knoppix cd, I want to know what my limits are so I know how big to make my partition on my USB drive and still have quite a bit of free space left over on my 1GB thumbdrive.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
And another question which I can understand your reaction and I hope doesn't freak anybody out. Anyways, does any1 know of any clubs or meetings here in Oklahoma City, OK I could attend? I would like to get acquainted with people who are familiar with Knoppix/Linux and possibly collaborate on whatever projects related to Knoppix and/or Linux are in the works. Just something to keep me busy.
Keep up the excellent work guys!!!
Similar Threads
-
By zenmaster60 in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-23-2009, 03:04 AM
-
By morbidpalooza in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-11-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By elbarto in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 05:32 PM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By Hunkah in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$41.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp
$32.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$123.90