-
Senior Member
registered user
Desparately seeking CDRW / DVD
I have successfully installed Knoppix 3.2, and used mkdesktophdicons to find my harddrives, but I cannot find my cdrw/dvd or my dvd player (I have two).
I don't think there is a hardware problem, as the cd player will play music cds from at least one of them, and some command or other I was messing with tolkd me that they are both there:
scsibus 0
0,0,0 0) RW/DVD
0,1,0 1) DVDROM
SCSIbus 1
1,0,0 100) Floppy
How to I access these from the desktop, and ideally put icons to them on the desktop?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By ibrewale in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By keithb in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 08:49 AM
-
By markusha in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 01:27 PM
-
By wfb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-04-2003, 09:36 PM
-
By Viro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-26-2003, 07:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01