-
Won't Boot ... Bad entry ...
Hi
I have a problem ... line ten in my /etc/fstab has a wrong entry and won't let me finish booting into Fedora 6. I tried using one of the text editors in rescue mode bothe in FC6 and Knoppix but to no avail ... permiision is denied when I type /etc/fstab to edit.I also tried usiing Knoppix to rescue my machnie but after it finishes booting the mouse pointer hangs and I cant navigate KDE or anything else for tha matter. I just want to get rid of that bad ine in /fstab. I sure would appreciate some help here.
Thanks,
Ken
-
Senior Member
registered user
boot knoppix straight into runlevel 2.... (Text Mode) by entering the following at the boot prompt:
Once at a prompt.... issue the following commands:
(assuming FC6 is installed at /dev/hda1)
Code:
mount /dev/hda1 -o rw
cd /media/hda1/etc/
pico fstab
Edit and save...
Then issue:
All done 
Take Care,
-Justin
One Mynds Eye
Similar Threads
-
By dhm in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
-
By Massif in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2006, 06:55 PM
-
By dno in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-27-2005, 12:04 AM
-
By michael7 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 12:43 PM
-
By lotech in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 12:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00