At the command line i did:
su
vi /etc/fstab
Didn't get any error messages. Did I misunderstand what you're saying?
I have a wrong line in my /fstab (Label=/home/ken/repo/dvd) and need to remove it before my system wil boot completely. Problem is, even while in rescue mode and entering root via "chroot /mnt/sysimage," when I try to access /etc/fstab I get "Permission denide." I also tried intering a password after the # prompt but to no avail.
Has anbody got any suggestions?
At the command line i did:
su
vi /etc/fstab
Didn't get any error messages. Did I misunderstand what you're saying?

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams
$95.99
Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$550.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99