This might be the answer http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...759&highlight=
I'm running 4.0.1. from an hd boot, and I can't get any of my media players to work. I've been trying to play an audio cd by opeing the cdrom but nothing happens. Kaffeine even crashed. There must be some simple way to just listen to a cd. After all, the system was running the Live CD without a problem. What am I missing?
This might be the answer http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...759&highlight=

Intel C8102A-4 Vintage Ceramic ICs - Lot of 4 - SOLDER PULLS
$175.00
RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*
$299.99
Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX
$850.00
Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99
Vintage Exponent 11 Drawer Modular Media Storage Cabinet 3.5 5.25 Floppy PC Disk
$250.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Tandy 1000 TX Personal Computer Vintage PC very clean untested no accessories
$199.00
Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer
$275.00
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
TESTED Original Apple IIc 2c Power Supply A2M4017 15V 1.2A 18W WORKING Vintage
$55.00