At the command line i did:
su
vi /etc/fstab
Didn't get any error messages. Did I misunderstand what you're saying?
I have a wrong line in my /fstab (Label=/home/ken/repo/dvd) and need to remove it before my system wil boot completely. Problem is, even while in rescue mode and entering root via "chroot /mnt/sysimage," when I try to access /etc/fstab I get "Permission denide." I also tried intering a password after the # prompt but to no avail.
Has anbody got any suggestions?
At the command line i did:
su
vi /etc/fstab
Didn't get any error messages. Did I misunderstand what you're saying?

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp
$32.99