Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Optiplex GX260 Boot

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    HULL
    Posts
    30

    Optiplex GX260 Boot

    Hi Guy's. Just done something very scary for a newbie like me. You know that for yonks I have wanted to boot from USB and never been able to. It seems that the GX260 and the A03 BIOS never had that facility. Well I scanned on here and all over the world for help and never got anywhere. Cos that old BIOS couldn't do it.

    Took the plunge and downloaded the latest BIOS from Dell. This is the A09. Well I thought, this one surely, will have the boot from USB facility. Okay so it all went well with no problems, except that when I rebopoted afterwards and did an F12 I still could not find any mention of booting from USB. Dratt!

    Okay. I know that there are folks with these Optiplex GX 260's who can boot from USB so what I would like to know, is which BIOS version do they have and can I find old versions anywhere to download? I don't know about 76, I shall be 96 by the time I get this problem solved. Any help guy's? Many thanks. Grandad.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    HULL
    Posts
    30

    Optiplex GX260 Boot

    Well I did think I would get some help on here. But not to worry, the problem is all solved now.
    After a long time I am now happily sorted with a beautiful setup. USB Boot and with a brand new, up to the minute upgrade to my BIOS. Thanks lads. Maybe next time, eh? Regards Grandad Walt.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    HULL
    Posts
    30

    Optiplex GX260 Boot

    All sorted now, thanks to all those who read my cry for help. Won't go into details because you probably aint interested. Thanks a lot. Grandad Walt.

Similar Threads

  1. DELL Optiplex GX260 booting off of a USB device
    By Mr.GreenWrinkle in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 01:25 AM
  2. Dell Optiplex GX270 FIX!
    By ped in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 06:43 PM
  3. Dell Optiplex GX260 82845G/GL only supports 640x480
    By ian in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 09:16 AM
  4. Dell GX260 getting more support 1-20-03
    By stonent in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 02:09 AM
  5. Knoppix, Optiplex -- No Boot After load
    By cnelson in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 08:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Express 4M2 4x M.2 NVMe RAID Enclosure Aluminum w/ SoftRAID picture

OWC Express 4M2 4x M.2 NVMe RAID Enclosure Aluminum w/ SoftRAID

$199.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99