Hello,
I'm having the same problems, is there anyone out that has encounted this can fixed it?
Kind Regards
gavin3000
Alrighty, I'll try to keep this simple.
(Running 5.1.1, by the way)
I can't see my mouse cursor!
I can left/right click normally, stuff hilights when I mouse over it (so I can kinda tell where it is), the scroll wheel works, I just can't see it.
Everything's fine on the same machine under 5.0.1.
Extended details:
I think the problem is with X; since the lack of cursor includes the checkerboard grey screen with the "X" cursor that shows right as it starts. No cursor there, either.
What part of which configuration file do I have to tinker with to fix this?
The only workaround I've found so far is to create a persistent home under 5.0.1, then load it (and its system config) under 5.1.1. Cursor works fine then, but lots of other things (like synaptic and Iceweasel) break because their configs have changed.
TIA!
Hello,
I'm having the same problems, is there anyone out that has encounted this can fixed it?
Kind Regards
gavin3000
Me too!
Go into the KDE "Control Center" and look for:
Peripherials ==> Mouse ===> Cursor themes
Choose one that the previews are working correctly.
Hope this helps
-Justin
One Mynds Eye
cheers your a life saver

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49