I have to give a completely different opnion. If you are using the term bridge correctly, to mean a wifi bridge that can connect to a wifi access point (such as usually contained in a wifi router), them absolutely this should work just fine. The wifi bridge will connect to the access point (after it is correctly set up) and will provide you an ethernet connection to the rest of your network. It will look just like you connected to the network by ethernet, no wifi setup will be needed and the system will basically be unaware that it is using wifi at all.

It's worth mention that most routers and access points can't be used as bridges, although some can, sometimes only into the same model device. A true wifi bridge should connect to any compatable access point, but these devices are not as common in the stores and so are usually more expensive than the now very inexpensive wifi routers and access points.

And I have to agree with the original conclusion, Knoppix 5 is completely useless for wifi for me, although version 4.02 did work with one of my adapters (but not others that are well supported by Puppy Linux and Mandriva). I resorted to just running a cable to another room since I didn't have a bridge or a router that would function as one.