Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Modem Busy

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of Mount St. Helens
    Posts
    3

    Modem Busy

    I'm on Win XP, with dial-up internet. The modem is a Creative Modem Blaster PCI DI5633 . I successfully downloaded and burned a CD of Knoppix 5.1.0, it runs just fine. When I tried to configure kppp to connect to the internet (I found instructions on several sites), I got the message "The Modem is Busy" if I clicked "Query Modem" or "Connect". Any suggestions?

    I should add that I can't afford broadband. I had a hard time finding the right driver for this modem; Creative Labs kept sending the wrong one, I finally found one on DriverGuide, and I can't find any updates for it. Any constructive ideas would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of Mount St. Helens
    Posts
    3
    Well, I did some more searching and figured it out. I might be able to get a Linux driver for this crummy modem (which has a Conexant chipset) from Linuxant for about 20 bucks. Or, for less than 20 bucks, I could get an external modem on eBay (sounds like a better plan to me). Since I'm broke right now, I won't be doing either one right away. Oh, well...

Similar Threads

  1. Modem busy?
    By tigerstyle123 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 04:24 AM
  2. Unable to open modem /modem busy
    By jodef in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 08:21 AM
  3. modem is busy when quering the modem
    By abrand888 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 07:21 PM
  4. Modem busy after reboot
    By Sachiel in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 10:11 PM
  5. modem says its busy
    By kchard in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 12:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard picture

Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard

$50.00



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Indus GT G.T. for Atari External Floppy Disk Drive w/ Case & Power Adapter picture

Indus GT G.T. for Atari External Floppy Disk Drive w/ Case & Power Adapter

$299.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set picture

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set

$20.00