Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Can't Mount Partitions (Even after re-installing HAL)

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38
    1) Are you able to mount hda1 from the Live CD | DVD ?
    Yes



    if you run whichever of gparted and|or qtparted is on your Knoppix, or a GParted Live CD, does that give any more information?
    None useful to this that I see...

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    177
    OK, if it was me, at this stage I would re-install the Knoppix system from the live CD | DVD (booting with the testcd cheatcode), configure rebuildfstab and ensure hal is running as described in http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26759

  3. #13
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38
    When I ran testcd I it said that the kernel image could not be found. I don't understand how this could be when the cd runs so beautifully? And other than not being able to mount my Windoze partition I have no complaints about the hard-disk install from it. I've used it about a month? But I guess I must have a bad download. I guess, I'm off to download the cd again :(

  4. #14
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Israel
    ... But I guess I must have a bad download. I guess, I'm off to download the cd again
    There is one test for the ISO that is never wrong, it will confirm a good or bad download: the md5 checksum. If it is right you don't need to do another download and will gain nothing in doing so.

    There is a chance that a bad burn or bad media resulted in a bad disc that the md5 checksum would not catch. Testcd might or might not catch this. But it's not the right tool for deciding if you had a bad download.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #15
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    Hi Israel:

    You seem to be having the same problems I faced JohnnyH and HarryKuhman both have posted here

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26802

    My Knoppix DVD checks out fine with Md5Sum using testCD. I find this problem to be mostly since this HAL has appeared. I had teh same problem with PC-BSD installation. You can mount hd1 WinXp or any other with as root

    root/ mount /media/hda1 then use the Icons on the desktop to open up in Knoqueror. While I think Knoppix 5.1.1 to be lot better than 4.0 I find wierd stuff like GRUB appearing late and booting taking time to start frequently to be odd.

    Sorry I cant give you any suggestions

    AJ

  6. #16
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38
    root/ mount /media/hda1 doesn't work for me buddy. Thanks for the suggestion though. I just downloaded another copy of Knoppix 5.1 and the checksum matched perfectly. I should be able to set it all back up tonight. If it doesn't work, you'll definitely be hearing back from me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Partitions don't mount!
    By Briana83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 10:59 PM
  2. cannot mount partitions??
    By redhawk in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 12:35 PM
  3. partitions don't mount
    By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:03 PM
  4. Can't mount any HDD partitions
    By sb73542 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:32 AM
  5. Mount all partitions
    By henrique in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 12:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Samsung 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-5600 SODIMM  32GB (2x16GB) PC5-4800 RAM Laptop picture

Samsung 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-5600 SODIMM 32GB (2x16GB) PC5-4800 RAM Laptop

$750.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC picture

Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC

$150.00