-
no internet after chroot
Hey gang,
I've been booting KNOPPIX 3.6 from a USB drive using a boot floppy for a little while now and want to update the packages on the original live CD. I'm using the traditional remaster tutorial found here:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto
following these directions exactly I come to a problem after I chroot to the mounted /knx/source/KNOPPIX directory. I type the command:
Code:
mount -t proc /dev/proc proc
and get no errors or messages or anything like that. when I try to ping google (or any other site), however, I get
Code:
ping: unknown host google.com
naturally, it's not hard to believe that apt-get update doesn't work either...
any idea how to get the net working in my chroot environment?
also, how would I change the apt-get source? I'm pretty sure this one is out of date.
I would just update to 5.1.1 but I'm unaware of any ways to boot it from a USB using a floppy since the 2.6 kernel is too large to fit on a single disc
thanks a bunch!
kiley
Similar Threads
-
By exxfile in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2009, 05:35 PM
-
By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 11:28 PM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By rdmelin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:27 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Qty.8 Samsung 16GB 2RX4 Pc4 2133P M393A2G40DB0-CPB0Q Ram Memory
$599.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00