Knoppix is a live CD so nothing on your hard drive will effect it. Even with no hard drive you can still boot knoppix as it runs entirely in RAM. I would first try cleaning the knoppix DVD and then try a lens cleaner on your DVD drive
HTH
Hi,
I am using Knoppix 5.0.1 on my Desktop PC.
My PC configuration is 512MB RAM and 80GB hard disk, Intel 3.06Ghz processor.
I have updated my system from windows XP SP1 to SP2.
When I was using XP Service Pack 1 I did not face any diffuclty in booting Knoppix from DVD.
However now after updating from SP1 to SP2 and restarting my PC with DVD in drive it just does not boot.
What shold I do?
Please help
Knoppix is a live CD so nothing on your hard drive will effect it. Even with no hard drive you can still boot knoppix as it runs entirely in RAM. I would first try cleaning the knoppix DVD and then try a lens cleaner on your DVD drive
HTH

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00