Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 5.0 Error inserting ndiswrapper

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    manchester, uk
    Posts
    35

    Knoppix 5.0 Error inserting ndiswrapper

    Hi all,
    I'm back on Knoppix (5.0) after a while. I need it since my hard disk is half gone, and the only way I can use it is through a liveCD, and Knoppix is the best liveCD distro I've found so far.

    So, here is my problem: I rely mostly on the internet and I need to get my wireless dongle working. It's a Netgear WG111T.
    So here is what I've done:

    Code:
    root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -i /media/hda1/mmanu/WG111/netwg11t.inf
    Installing netwg11t
    root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -l
    Installed ndis drivers:
    netwg11t                driver present, hardware present
    root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -m
    Adding "alias wlan0 ndiswrapper" to /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper
    root@1[knoppix]# modprobe ndiswrapper
    FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid argument
    I've tried the same on Knoppix 4.0, I can get modprobe ndiswrapper working with no errors, but there are no signs of life on my dongle (no light, nothing)...

    Could you please give me any suggestion?
    Thanks a lot for your time.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3

    Wireless Configuration

    Check out my response to another query at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27022

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    manchester, uk
    Posts
    35
    Thanks, I'll check that out, even if by now I've bought a new hard disk, and I don't need to run Knoppix anymore - but I can still find this discussion useful.

    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. (SOLVED) error inserting '/cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko':
    By Fog_Watch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 02:08 PM
  2. Error inserting fan and thermal...
    By glynnkjk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 12:38 PM
  3. Error inserting gnertc
    By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 10:58 AM
  4. K 3_9 error inserting apm
    By marekcherubin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 10:34 PM
  5. Lyx Error when inserting figure floats
    By roli in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 10:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.75