Check out my response to another query at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27022
Hi all,
I'm back on Knoppix (5.0) after a while. I need it since my hard disk is half gone, and the only way I can use it is through a liveCD, and Knoppix is the best liveCD distro I've found so far.
So, here is my problem: I rely mostly on the internet and I need to get my wireless dongle working. It's a Netgear WG111T.
So here is what I've done:
I've tried the same on Knoppix 4.0, I can get modprobe ndiswrapper working with no errors, but there are no signs of life on my dongle (no light, nothing)...Code:root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -i /media/hda1/mmanu/WG111/netwg11t.inf Installing netwg11t root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -l Installed ndis drivers: netwg11t driver present, hardware present root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -m Adding "alias wlan0 ndiswrapper" to /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper root@1[knoppix]# modprobe ndiswrapper FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid argument
Could you please give me any suggestion?
Thanks a lot for your time.
Check out my response to another query at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27022
Thanks, I'll check that out, even if by now I've bought a new hard disk, and I don't need to run Knoppix anymore - but I can still find this discussion useful.
Thanks!

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99