It also works great on my HP Pavilion dv6205us! Thanks for the tip. The screen looks much better. Now I just need to get it re-mastered with the 1280x800 settings...
Only tried this once but this is how I got 1280x800 working on my laptop.
(Acer Aspire 3680 - KInfoCenter in the PCI section reports graphics controller as:
Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03))
Boot knoppix livecd with:
knoppix lang=us noswap screen=1280x800
(of course only the "screen=1280x800" is important here)
once fully booted, and have a working internet connection
open console and enter following sequence of commands:
su
apt-get update
apt-get install 915resolution
(915resolution is the key, and runs automatically on install)
close console,
chose Logout from the applications menu,
chose "End Current Session" from the Logout menu,
Current session closes, new session starts in 1280x800 resolution.
Hope this might help someone who is having the same trouble as I did getting 1280x800 to work.
It also works great on my HP Pavilion dv6205us! Thanks for the tip. The screen looks much better. Now I just need to get it re-mastered with the 1280x800 settings...
You mean remastering the CD/DVD? Can that be *done*? I have a Pavilion dv6325us and am liking Knoppix a lot, but can't figure out where YaST went (I know it's not *in* knoppix - but how do I access the system settings?).Originally Posted by dwieberd
Sure, it can be done. It's all open source, no secrets here. That's not to say it's easy or trival. I've never done it and exoect it's way beyond my current Linux skills, but many of the other Live Linux CDs are based on Knoppix. You'll find a lot of information on remastering in the customizing and remastering forum.Originally Posted by PattiMichell
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Heh - ya - I knew that...Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99