-
can't get better than 1024x768 rsoltion in 5.11
I just installed 5.11 and I absolutely love it with one exception. I an completely unable to get better than 1024x768 resolution.
I am using Knoppix in a VM on a macbook Pro using Parallels. In every other Linux distro I've either been able to edit the xorg.con file and add the 1280x800 line or run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg and added 1280x800 or even 1152x864 and reboot and I'm all set, this isn't working in Knoppix.
What am I doing wrong? Is there some way to get thsi resoltion that I don't know of.
Knoppix say my card is "Vesa" and the Monitor is "Unknown" but that has necer been as issue in the past.
Could some kind soul walk me through reconfiguring my scren to get this resolution?
TIA,
Peter
Similar Threads
-
By ILoveKagome in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2006, 07:33 AM
-
By KeithBlake in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 03:28 PM
-
By Saeed.Bak.dk in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 09:27 PM
-
By veuf in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 10:57 AM
-
By Obsessed in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01