-
Internet connection dies after a few minutes; need help
I have a Dell Inspiron 2500 connected to a Verizon VX8300 cell phone via USB. The phone accesses the internet properly under Windows XP using VZAccess Manager.
I am using Knoppix Live CD version 5.1.0 and have configured the Kppp dialer so that I can access the internet using
/devttyACMO. I tried the other modem options but I could not connect to the internet at all with them.
My problem is that the internet connection only works for about 2 minutes. Then I get the following message:
"pppd daemon died unexpectedly. Exit status 15"
I would appreciate any advice I can get that would help me understand my problem and hopefully suggestions to make whatever changes are needed to fix the problem.
Thank you.
Arthur
Similar Threads
-
By ladyarcher44 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-21-2006, 10:56 PM
-
By d_e_c_e in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2006, 02:00 PM
-
By compgeek in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 10:52 PM
-
By zombie3000 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 04:35 AM
-
By Sance in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper MPC2E-3D-NG-Q / New / 1 Year Warranty / Ships Today
$6995.00

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99