-
UBCD booted up fine, but, for whatever reason, it couldn't read the disk at all. It simply told me that my hard drive was 'corrupted and unreadable' and wouldn't open it at all. I assume that this is the same problem Knoppix is having when it says 'volume is dirty, forced to continue', but somehow manages to read the disk O.K. I don't know anything about the registry at all, so I couldn't try that option. I found the undelete tools easily enough, most of them didn't work, but one called 'recuva' worked perfectly, it managed to track down pretty much everything I've ever deleted off my hard drive, and there was no sign of stuff from my documents being deleted. In fact, a lot of the deleted stuff there had been overwritten by stuff from My Documents, so I am pretty certain that my profile still exists and has not been deleted. Unfortunately 'recuva' didn't tell me where to find it.
Is there some way to manually 'force' UBCD windows to read the hard drive, like Knoppix seems to do automatically? Can I still use the registry to track down my profile? If so, how? Is there a better way entirely to access a 'corrupted' disk?
Similar Threads
-
By derwalroszsagt in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
-
By keebz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2009, 01:31 PM
-
By triviaace11 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2009, 05:36 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By zhouxuan37 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99