-
My documents read only
Hi,
I have a similar issue although it was caused by something else. I took a Master HDD (which was running XP Home on it) out of a PC and put it into another PC as a slave. In that PC all files are accessible, except the my documents folder. Under XP I can neither see, nor copy files in that folder. Then I tried Knoppix to get to the files because I assumed that Knoppix will override the user rights settings from XP. I was able to see the files in My Documents, however, I could not copy them. It always produced an error. It said something like "Hard drive is read only".
How do I override these restrictions to copy my files out of My Documents with Knoppix? I tried to change the owner and access rights, but even Knoppix does not let me do it. Does Knoppix have any software included which I can use?
Cheers, T.
Similar Threads
-
By derwalroszsagt in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
-
By keebz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2009, 01:31 PM
-
By triviaace11 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2009, 05:36 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By zhouxuan37 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB 4x32GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 2Rx8 ECC Unbuffered Server Memory by NEMIX RAM
$850.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

4x 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133MHz PC4-2133P 1Rx4 ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB
$120.00

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot of 10 8GB DDR4 PC4 Laptop Memory RAM 260-PIN MixBrand Model. Tested
$299.95

SK Hynix 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 PC4-2666V HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK T3 AC 1842 ECC Server Memory
$150.00

6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US
$3.95

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 2Rx4 ECC REG RDIMM M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q
$110.00