-
My documents read only
Hi,
I have a similar issue although it was caused by something else. I took a Master HDD (which was running XP Home on it) out of a PC and put it into another PC as a slave. In that PC all files are accessible, except the my documents folder. Under XP I can neither see, nor copy files in that folder. Then I tried Knoppix to get to the files because I assumed that Knoppix will override the user rights settings from XP. I was able to see the files in My Documents, however, I could not copy them. It always produced an error. It said something like "Hard drive is read only".
How do I override these restrictions to copy my files out of My Documents with Knoppix? I tried to change the owner and access rights, but even Knoppix does not let me do it. Does Knoppix have any software included which I can use?
Cheers, T.
Similar Threads
-
By derwalroszsagt in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
-
By keebz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2009, 01:31 PM
-
By triviaace11 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2009, 05:36 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By zhouxuan37 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands
$249.95

Retro Rare Vintage TransWarp GS Accelerator Card Apple IIGS Applied Engineering
$499.00

Vintage MacLuggage I/O Design Carrying Case Apple Macintosh Plus SE Classic Bag
$89.95

Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items
$100.00

Vintage Apple iBook Clamshell Graphite 466MHz 60GB HD 128 Ram OS 9 & 10
$350.00

Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer A2S2064 Apple Computer Model IIe untested
$199.99

Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different
$99.99

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00