-
My documents read only
Hi,
I have a similar issue although it was caused by something else. I took a Master HDD (which was running XP Home on it) out of a PC and put it into another PC as a slave. In that PC all files are accessible, except the my documents folder. Under XP I can neither see, nor copy files in that folder. Then I tried Knoppix to get to the files because I assumed that Knoppix will override the user rights settings from XP. I was able to see the files in My Documents, however, I could not copy them. It always produced an error. It said something like "Hard drive is read only".
How do I override these restrictions to copy my files out of My Documents with Knoppix? I tried to change the owner and access rights, but even Knoppix does not let me do it. Does Knoppix have any software included which I can use?
Cheers, T.
Similar Threads
-
By derwalroszsagt in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
-
By keebz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2009, 01:31 PM
-
By triviaace11 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2009, 05:36 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By zhouxuan37 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Netgate 2100 pfSense Firewall Appliance w/ Power Adapter w/Storage Upgrade
$187.50

ULTIMATE ARCH LINUX BOOTABLE USB/DVD INSTALLER 64-BIT - CHOOSE BUILD - PC/MAC
$4.49

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$599.00

Ubuntu 26.04 LTS – 3 DVD Set Desktop - Server - Studio Edition - Grade AAA+
$13.99

Turbolinux Server and Workstation, Red Hat, Maximum Linux LOT 13 CDs
$40.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 16-Core Perpetual License | Factory Sealed
$724.63

HP ProLiant DL360P G8 Server 2.60Ghz 16-Core 96GB 2X 300GB Enterprise (Renewed)
$140.00