Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: LILO help for dual boot windows xp pro

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4

    LILO help for dual boot windows xp pro

    Good evening folks I have installed knoppix 3.4 64bit and LILO is the bootloader. I need some help setting it up to boot WinXP Pro. How do I edit LILO so XP shows up on the list?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Delft-The netherlands
    Posts
    33

    Does it installs LILO?

    I have used knoppix in my HD only since 5.0 I dont know if it installs LILO but I know that now installs grub as the bootloader, If its Grub it will be auto configurated I suggest to install the newest version of Knoppix

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3

    Re: Does it installs LILO?

    Quote Originally Posted by RHCA
    I have used knoppix in my HD only since 5.0 I dont know if it installs LILO but I know that now installs grub as the bootloader, If its Grub it will be auto configurated I suggest to install the newest version of Knoppix
    can u please tell me how to install knoppix into harddisk without disturbing the WinXP. I have downloaded the grub-1.95.tar.gz and grub-1.95.tar.gz.sig. I extracted the grub-1.95.tar.gz and it contain boot, command, conf and lot more files(consist of 46 items).

    Please be patience and explain step by step how to install knoppix.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Delft-The netherlands
    Posts
    33

    Yeah of course

    OK, I'm 13 old so sorry id if you dont understand this or I dont answer you inmedeatly because im @ school
    OK first what is not perturb Win XP?
    OK then if you got internet from your knoppix install this works in Debian and should in knoppix if im right and im remembering it good:


    1st ok open a command line and: apt-get install grub grub-doc
    2nd grub-install /dev/hda Using in place of /dev/hda the device that you boot from
    3rd: update-grub This creates the menu.lst (the table of partitions)
    4th then lets edit the boot list: editor /boot/grub/menu.lst go and read the grub manual and how to add OSes here:http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html and if you cant then answer me.
    5th: apt-get remove lilo to say goodbye to LILO dpkg --purge lilo to say goodbaye to its configuration files

    Good luck

Similar Threads

  1. Dual boot Lilo MBR problem
    By smudge in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 06:58 PM
  2. Dual Boot, LILO and XP
    By jimbo62 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 10:41 PM
  3. Dual Boot Knoppix and Windows(Dual Boot)?
    By jimbo62 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
  4. Poor Human's Install on FAT32 with dual-boot? LILO?
    By snarkfinder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
  5. lilo Fatal:create Read-only file system dual boot
    By willowwillow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded) picture

Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded)

$895.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM picture

SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM

$169.99



NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3 picture

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3

$550.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00