-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I've installed Sarge (stable), but it's been a very long time since then. Sarge is quite acient by almost any standard (in fact Etch was to become stable last year, and isn't yet because the Debian group moves so slow and quibbles amoung itself. Etch is actually getting pretty old now.) I'm not clear on why you install is hanging, I thought it might be the master/slave issue but if you are getting past the partitioning question I no longer think that.
If you don't want the NTFS partition out there, I would just delete it before starting the install (wint a Windows or DOS tool). And I still suggest the net-install of Etch. the installer for Etch is much more advanced than the installer for Sarge.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By /Knoppix/Knewbie/ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 10:28 AM
-
By neotheonlyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

Intel Core i5-12500 3.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5V
$125.00

Intel Core i7-12700K 12th Gen Desktop Processor – LGA 1700 – Unlocked
$280.00

Intel Core Ultra 7 265KF 20-Core LGA 1851 Desktop Processor CPU
$199.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

AMD RYZEN 5 3600X 6-core 12-thread 3.8 GHz base clock AM4 CPU Processor
$65.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99