Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: knoppix 511 eng ask me something I don't understand....

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2

    knoppix 511 eng ask me something I don't understand....

    I downloaded Knoppix 5.11 iso and I rebooted pc from device dvd-rom.
    Everything appear to be right but ...
    I read this message on the screen and knoppix wait that I type something...
    but I really don't know what happened.
    Is there anybody can help me?

    this's the message appeared during booting:

    cache size 7670 kb (xms)
    minimum cache size: 1024 kb
    write through drives: a B

    curent Options
    / mlx program is loaded into conventional and XMS memory using DPMS
    / bl=16 lokkahead buffer is in conventional memory, sike is in KB
    / Lend = On lend memory to other applications - 6646 KB available
    / delay = Off write delay is disabled, caching is write-through

    caldera dr-dos7.03
    [dr-dos] a:\ _

    please help me

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    159
    I'd guess you've burnt your cd or dvd incorrectly, instructing your software to create a bootable media, haven't you - hence the dos nonsense you're seeing. You should burn as image - please check the FAQ.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    The dr_DOS prompt is usually a sign that you didn't follow the instructions in the FAQ, took an option in NERO to make the disc bootable, and now have a mucked up disc. But your statement about having some sort of prompt with Knoppix in it conflicts with that. Still, my best advice is to suggest you follow all the instructions in the Downloading FAQ.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2
    yes It's true!!!!!

    I Made a Mistake burning cd as a bootable cd.
    now I correctl burned cd and everything goes OK!!!!!

    I really thank you guys for your attention and support to my trouble.

    thank you very very much

Similar Threads

  1. don't understand all IP stuff
    By csodabogar in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 08:29 PM
  2. help me understand the symlinks on /ramdisk
    By als in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:26 PM
  3. please telk for me easy to understand.Thank!
    By lytieulongcon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 12:07 PM
  4. Two things about remastering I dont understand.
    By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2003, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210

$139.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95



Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 FE+ Book Cover with Keyboard Slim AI Key picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 FE+ Book Cover with Keyboard Slim AI Key

$49.99