-
help needed re knoppix 5.1.1 cd
I have a laptop (HP Pavilion) running XP Home. I recently installed SP2 and all the rest of the patches, and I am now unable to either view the contents of any knoppix cds in windows, or boot from them. I downloaded and burned the latest CD image (5.1.1), and it also is failing to be recognized on this laptop. Under windows, either an error message "not available: incorrect function" is given, or the CPU useage skyrockets to the point where nothing responds, and I have to force a power-off. Booting from any of the knoppix cds that I have fail with the cd not being recognized as bootable. Before I installed the SP2 and patches, I was able to boot into the knoppix 5.0.1 cd that I have, as well as the ealier versions.
I realize that SP2 should not have any effect on whether the BIOS recognizes the cd as bootable, but since that is the only thing that changed, I am at a loss. Any one have any ideas?
Edit - It should also be noted, that I can mount the cds under a linux box that I have, so there is nothing wrong with the burn.
Similar Threads
-
By amrith100 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 07:03 PM
-
By tempestuous in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 10:50 AM
-
By litedrum in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 01:49 AM
-
By gyro in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By Sitting Bull in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00