-
Burning Knoppix to CD Question.
I just downloaded knoppix from one of the mirrors on this site.
it stated it was an ISO file but after it finished downloading I realised it was in fact a rar
file containing the folder and file contents of a knoppix CD. There is two folders in there
and 5 files - I copied them files and folders directly to disk - with the same directory structure as they were in the rar file.
now,
knoppix doesent boot when I start my system with the CD in the drive. (I have changed the bios).
if I put the CD in while Windows XP has already booted it just opens up a web browser and displays
the index.html file which is on the disk.
anyone know what I may be doing wrong?
Many Thanks.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Burning Knoppix to CD Question.

Originally Posted by
scrubs
... I realised it was in fact a rar...
You realized wrongly. See answer #1.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By cheeez in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-04-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By koolaide187 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 09:19 PM
-
By rasguy1 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 04:59 PM
-
By E-Compagnie in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 07:01 PM
-
By fjzx4 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen9 DUAL E5-2690v3 DDR4 ECC 2x CADDY NO DRIVES NO MEMORY/RAM
$30.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08