You realized wrongly. See answer #1.Originally Posted by scrubs
I just downloaded knoppix from one of the mirrors on this site.
it stated it was an ISO file but after it finished downloading I realised it was in fact a rar
file containing the folder and file contents of a knoppix CD. There is two folders in there
and 5 files - I copied them files and folders directly to disk - with the same directory structure as they were in the rar file.
now,
knoppix doesent boot when I start my system with the CD in the drive. (I have changed the bios).
if I put the CD in while Windows XP has already booted it just opens up a web browser and displays
the index.html file which is on the disk.
anyone know what I may be doing wrong?
Many Thanks.
You realized wrongly. See answer #1.Originally Posted by scrubs
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45
$49.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99