-
Junior Member
registered user
Can't install Knoppix 5.1.1 with installer
I've downloaded the ISO for knoppix5.1.1 and made a good cd, which checks out fine on md5sum. The command "knoppix-installer" wouldn't work on the startup screen, so I went into the GUI and did it there. The installer came up, but I couldn't install knoppix to my computer because a window came up saying I didn't meet the system requirements. It said to make sure I had the right-sized partitions and all that.
I know that I have plenty of memory (768mb) and harddrive space (2 partitions with 40gb each and a 217mb swap). The window also gave me a command to bypass that menu, but it didn't do a thing. I have windows xp on the first partition and Knoppix 5.0.1 on the other. Can anyone help me on this? I'm crippled and can't install knoppix unless I fix this. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 09:21 PM
-
By Kumagoro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 04:26 AM
-
By rushman8282 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:38 AM
-
By torchZ06 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By fritschi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Primax FaxSwitcher II FS100, VINTAGE WORKS
$40.00

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

Vintage IBM 5152 Personal Computer Graphics Printer Dot Matrix - TESTED WORKING
$229.00

Vintage Compaq EVO N610C Laptop Pentium 4 2.0GHz 256MB 60GB Win 98SE w/ USB
$100.00

Dell Latitude C640 Win98SE w/ USB Support Retro gaming Vintage USB FDD use CNC
$200.00

Vintage Microspeed MacTrac 2.0 Trackball Mouse - UNTESTED
$19.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00

Vintage Trading Expert for Windows - AIQ Systems Floppy Disks Software + Storage
$75.00