-
I guess Im lucky, I have a AMD64 T6420 Emachine with 2 gig ram and am using a 10gig IDE HD for testing Linux. I have tried Debian 3.01 and it is just too out of date, it would not mount my USB stick, I tried fixing it but managed to break it with a download and install of Hotplug ver 2 guess it didn't like that.
I downloaded Knoppix 5.1.1 CD-2007-01-04 and ran the "knoppix-installer" answered the questions
as best I could and it installed without complaints. I see my USB stick but cannot mount it perhaps that is because I used it with the LiveCD as a home for a persistant storage, will have to try using the LiveCD with it to see what happens. I would like to give that Debian Etch a shot, I would like to see how it compares with all the other flavors of Debian that I have tried.
Similar Threads
-
By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 09:21 PM
-
By Kumagoro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 04:26 AM
-
By rushman8282 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:38 AM
-
By torchZ06 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By fritschi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98