Hi guys
I'm turning to Knoppix because so far I can't find anyone who understands what I'm trying to do.
I tried creating my own LiveCD based on a simple Centos install which works fine on i686's but I need i386 support. It is the i386 version but I'm actually running it on an i686 machine.
The problem is that even though I have i386 binaries they won't execute on i586's, probably because the .so files I include to satisfy ldd dependencies are for i686 because even if I compile a program with CFLAGS "-march=i386 -mtune=i386" the program will not run say an i586.
What I'm trying to do is find a simple way like I normally use to make basic custom live CD's only ones that support i386 and not i686 if you guys know what I mean. I'm sure someone here can help since Knoppix runs just fine on my i586
I hope that explains it.
Any help would be appreciated because I'm lost with this one!
![]()
![]()

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95
x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
LOT of 16 (128gb) Micron 8GB 288 Pin UDIMM MTA4ATF1G64AZ-3G2E1 DDR4 PC4-3200
$499.00
Lot of 2 SK Hynix HMA42GR7AFR4N-TF 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 Server Memory RAM
$189.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung (8X32GB) 256GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$1649.99
6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US
$3.95
USB3.0 SD Card Reader for PC Micro SD Card to USB Adapter for Camera Memory C
$3.69