Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Remastering Scripts not found

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3

    Remastering Scripts not found

    It seems the scripts here:
    http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remaster/
    simply... arn't there anymore.

    I'm interested in using those scripts, so is there another place hosting them?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Remastering Scripts not found

    Quote Originally Posted by GutterClown
    It seems the scripts here:
    http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remaster/
    simply... arn't there anymore.

    I'm interested in using those scripts, so is there another place hosting them?
    I have asked Fabian to do a new remaster script because the old one doesn't work any more. If you like to try my modified script which I use now, here it is http://linux.ilmainen.net/suomiknopp...0.1-6_i386.deb

    -tapsa-

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear tapsa,
    because I am thinking to do my first remastering... did you have any answer from Fabian, if he could re make the remastering script in order to support the recent knoppix versions???

    Best Regards,
    Mike Kranidis

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekgr
    Dear tapsa,
    because I am thinking to do my first remastering... did you have any answer from Fabian, if he could re make the remastering script in order to support the recent knoppix versions???
    I got a reply that he did remaster scripts in collaboration with Klaus Knopper and I dont't remember if there were some other guys, too, and those others was not intressed at that time (perhaps problems with two cloop device in DVD). But scripts works fine in CD remastering.

    I try again because these scripts are important.

    Anyhow, my modified script works. I mean by *modification* that I made scripts to works with new bash etc. I also changed mkisofs to genisoimage. Also in Knoppix-3.4.mkcompressed some thing was changed as $REMASTER_COMPRESSED_AUTHOR but it doesn't hurt you

    -tapsa-

Similar Threads

  1. [ANNOUNCE] Remastering Knoppix - With Klaus scripts
    By Fabianx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 01:09 AM
  2. remastering using scripts
    By bart_999 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 12:59 PM
  3. Remastering Knoppix with Michael's scripts :-)
    By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 09:09 AM
  4. Remastering 3.4 - ISOLINUX booting problem, image not found
    By mustang in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:18 AM
  5. Remastering Scripts : easy remastering
    By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000 picture

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000

$599.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$427.48



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$288.98



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1769.85



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$465.02



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99



Apple Macbook Pro 16

Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good

$1099.99