Hi guys
I'm turning to Knoppix because so far I can't find anyone who understands what I'm trying to do.
I tried creating my own LiveCD based on a simple Centos install which works fine on i686's but I need i386 support. It is the i386 version but I'm actually running it on an i686 machine.
The problem is that even though I have i386 binaries they won't execute on i586's, probably because the .so files I include to satisfy ldd dependencies are for i686 because even if I compile a program with CFLAGS "-march=i386 -mtune=i386" the program will not run say an i586.
What I'm trying to do is find a simple way like I normally use to make basic custom live CD's only ones that support i386 and not i686 if you guys know what I mean. I'm sure someone here can help since Knoppix runs just fine on my i586
I hope that explains it.
Any help would be appreciated because I'm lost with this one!
![]()
![]()

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99
Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2
$34.99
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21