-
Install 5.0 vs. 5.11
I have an MSI 975 motherboard with an Intel Core2 Duo 6700 processor, two SATA 250 GB disks and one 160GB IDE disk, an HP psc2175 printer, DSL modem, and a couple of USB thumb drives. The 160 GB IDE drive is NTSF and has mostly data. One of the 250 GB SATA drives is NTFS formatted and boots Winows XP SP2. The second 250GB SATA drive is intended for a Linux boot. I tried a standard Debian install and got a command line prompt, but it could never get to a GUI as it always said something like"no screens found". So I decided to try Knoppix.
I burned a 5.0 disk, which booted and installed to hard disk flawlessly. Unfortunately, I could not install the printer or mount the SATA NTFS drive.
I burned a 5.1.1 disk (two, actually, a 5.1.0 DVD and a 5.1.1 CD both behave the same). This boots fine and works with all my hardware exactly as I would hope. Trouble is, I can't install it to the SATA HDD. It will partition and format the drive fine, but every time it hangs somewhere during the file copying process.
Anyone here had a similar experience, or know why 5.0 installs so smoothly but 5.1.x hangs? the MD5 checksum on all disks checks fine.
Thanks for any help you can give. (Ich kann auch Deutsch wenn das noeting ist, aber micht besonders gut.)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99