-
The info requested by Answer #3
My NIC is an Yukon Marvell 88E8001 GbLAN
Router: Linksys BEFSR81 on 192.168.1.1
I'm on Cable (not a static public IP, but has not changed for the last 3 years I live here)
I set up the following:
IP: 192.168.1.254
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
I originally setup as DNS servers my ISP name servers but since I keep losing them I just input 192.168.1.1 now and my router sorts DNS out.
A listing of when I am properly setup:
eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:11:2F
2:86:1E
inet addr:192.168.1.254 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::211:2fff:fed2:861e/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:4281 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:4705 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:2959566 (2.8 MiB) TX bytes:904500 (883.3 KiB)
Interrupt:18
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:68 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:68 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:6594 (6.4 KiB) TX bytes:6594 (6.4 KiB)
vmnet1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:56:C0:00:01
inet addr:172.16.176.128 Bcast:172.16.176.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::250:56ff:fec0:1/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:4 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:113 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
vmnet8 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:56:C0:00:08
inet addr:192.168.129.128 Bcast:192.168.129.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::250:56ff:fec0:8/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:11 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:114 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
The vmnet interfaces were added by VMWare player
I will restart now and post an ifconfig output of when I'm on the wrong DNS again...
Similar Threads
-
By Hunkah in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
-
By hal8000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By jeramy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 05:12 PM
-
By maddany in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage PC Chips M571 Socket 7 Motherboard V3.2A K6500 CPU 384MB EDO DRAM cables
$74.99

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Western Digital WD Caviar WD200 20GB IDE 3.5in HDD WD200BB-75CLB0
$34.95

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00